Wednesday, August 08, 2007

New Season's bag shapes


I'm super bored with the slouchy bags of the last few seasons, and welcome the return of the box frame bag, which fits well with this winter's more controlled look. I have my grandmother's black crocodile frame bag in London, which is going off to be refurbished in time for the shows in September, and I picked this little number up a few weeks ago.

I'm not usually a huge fan of Lulu Guinness handbags, (although I've always secretly lusted over the black satin fan evening bag). But I did pop off to the Manhattan Lulu sample sale just before I went back to London to look for a birthday present for T, who dotes on her designs. Of course, I also found myself a piece for $100: this black suede and leather bag from her higher end Couture collection, (which normally retails somewhere around £500/$1000. Bargain.), was from last year's ‘Surrealist eye’ story, (the clasp is a unique piece of jewellery designed by Lulu and made with a fabulous British jewellery maker, Simon Harrison, in London,) but it's perfect to through to this winter. I'm afraid I actually bought two: one for my mother for her birthday too.