Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Ah ha - shopping!

DKNY AW06 jacket
photo: Style.com

My new DKNY jacket

Left apt at 12 for quick trip to the tailor & to see John at Prince St Copy, the best colour copy guy in town - got back 6 hrs later - via most of the shops in SoHo (only bearable during the week) & lunch in Chinatown. I blame JD - she led me astray.

But - did get that shopping bug sorted. Bought 2 pairs sunglasses $7.49 each in H&M,(I lose all the time so Oliver Peoples are wasted on me) and a black wool semi tailored jacket from AW06 is waiting for me to return with my discount card in DKNY on W Broadway. $495, then half price with an extra end of sale 50% plus another 25% press discount: $70 - BARGAIN. Rude not to really. And I finally swapped the yellow raincoat I bought for the babydog (I know, I know) in Old Navy & bought some grey short shorts instead. Practical, huh?

We're off to drink pints at The Spotted Pig - you can take the girl out of England etc etc & then to a party at Little W 12th hosted by Carey Hart for some phone. THRILLING. But I resolved to be a party whore for a few months at least while I'm still getting settled. I stopped going to those parties years ago in London but at least they are new faces here - for the moment anyway....

Today I am listening to: I Am Kloot