Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Catching up: My life in the East Village


I’ve been a bit hit and miss on the blogging front of late. Either you get four entries in as many hours or nothing but a picture of my dog (admittedly very adorable) for days. I’ve also realised that it is a bit unfocussed: I use it as a clearing house for my industry rants, as a way of avoiding writing 25 identical emails a week to my friends & family back in London, and as a record of my life in Manhattan and elsewhere. Still, the most important thing is that it means I am writing on a regular basis which, as a freelance hack isn’t always a given. I’ve also just found my camera cable so I am adding photographs to all my old entries where the pics are relevant.

I still can’t believe I’ve been back for twenty days. I was so busy in London that I just flopped when I got back here, which is why I am now procrastinating by writing this rather than dealing with the huge pile of filing in front of me. JD is still in London and, as I can be properly lazy about leaving the apartment, I’ve also been busy trying to establish my life here, & meet as many people as possible.

Anyway, the picture above is of my building in the East Village. I have the whole of the second floor, complete with a precarious white painted, iron fire escape which acts as a balcony and has pots of chives gently blowing in the wind, It’s a perfect place to write. I just have to be careful what I wear as passers by can look straight up my skirt from the street.