Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Dorothy Perkins: Not nearly as bad as one thinks



I bought these from good old Dorothy Perkins in the sale for the grand sum of £15. Although, as I ordered them on-line, they arrived today at my sister's flat in London, and I won't get them until the end of June. That sucks. Although my wardrobe has its fair share of red soled beauties, Manolos, some lovely Rupert Sandersons and all the rest, it's fun to fill in the gaps with a few cheapies - especially when they are as chic as these. Looking through the blog, I haven't bought any shoes since the beginning of March - very restrained of me.

I've become fan of Dottie P's since last summer when I bought the same sundress in two colour ways, and then bought it again for my two best friends. Fantastic quality, really high end finish, pretty print: it would have been great value at four times the price. You do have to hunt through the rails, but there are some good pieces lurking in there. Although interestingly, the dresses we all bought were remaindered & remaindered again. Goes to show that sometimes stylish quality just doesn't sell in chain stores, however much we like to posit that Britain is in the grip of a universal taste revolution