Friday, July 13, 2007

Harry Potter and the never ending saga...

I'm so used to films opening on a Friday in England that I managed to completely miss that Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix opened here in New York on Wednesday. Anyway, seeing as it has broken all box office records so far, I thought I'd hop down tonight for a dose of English nostalgia. It was very pleasant, kind of like the visual equivalent of a nice long warm bath. Absolutely true to the novel, packed full of the Royal Shakespeare Company's finest hamming it up in true panto fashion, and lots of cute teens gurning for the camera. Whatever reason most of those kids were cast for, it wasn't for their acting skills. Emma Watson, I am afraid, is set to be the Kiera Knightley of her generation: ravishing on screen, not an acting bone in her body.