Monday, August 13, 2007

Back to England next week

I'm very pleased to discover that our wonderful Art Director has gone with my recommendation, so I am shooting with Chloe Mallett for two weeks back in England. I've never been a fan of hiring women just because they are women, but I have to say it has been a revelation working with female photographers. I've shot with Julie Adams and with Wendy Carrig over the past couple of years and been blown away by the sheer ease of it all.

This job does mean however that I am missing the first four days of NY Fashion Week. Still, as a freelancer, I can't turn work down just because it coincides with the shows. I'm missing LFW too but, as this would have been my 21st season covering the shows, I guess I can deal with that. Thank goodness for style.com & vogue.co.uk

(Yes, I do still style occasionally when asked, if you were confused as to why a writer was off to shoot fashion.)