Thursday, September 20, 2007

New label Suzannah launches for AW07

Every day my inbox is filled with emails from hopeful PRs (& also from those staggeringly dim PRs who haven't taken a squint at Fashion Monitor for over six months and therefore haven't computed that, no, I don't work at ***** any more.) I read them all - I'm such a good girl, & then file the majority in the bin.

But, once in a while, a gem appears. Ladies (& the odd gentleman), I give you an English line which launched for AW07 called Suzannah. (It's been showing to press & buyers at The Met during LFW for you industry people.) Suzannah certainly isn't reinventing the wheel, but occasionally I want to see clothes I don’t just covet but can actually wear.

I’ve fallen in love with her AW07 looks. Sexy, elegant and well-thought out, this capsule collection is note perfect for this season. The look book is beautifully shot and the pieces are priced at a level that used to be normal for clothing exquisitely cut from beautiful fabrics before the marquee name fashion houses got greedy for BRIC* money. Each piece is made to order, specific requests of fit and colour are met if possible, & all the manufacturing is done in London. The fabrics are predominantly Italian or vintage. In fact, with the promise of such incredible service, I think I might order the first dress.

These two dresses have fantastic detailing back & front.

Charcoal black Future Tuck Jersey Dress. Lined wool blend Italian jersey with grosgrain straps £285


Sculpted Pleat Back Dress: Black fully tailored and lined Italian wool cocktail dress with grey detachable Grosgrain tie £350

This Italian silk satin print dress with grosgrain detachable belt is £300, & fits the 1940's vibe that is one of the key looks this season: I love these two coats.
Drop Waist Pleat Side Cashmere Mix Coat £425 (also available in black) Pintuck Cashmere Blend Coat £450
I like the easy simplicity of these four pieces for SS08. Already the SS08 shows in NYC have pointed to the return of the strapless dress, and this one looks perfect for wearing all summer. I love the yellow dress at the end - it's got wedding outfit written all over it.
*Brazil, Russia, India, China

All pictures from www.suzannah.com