Monday, February 11, 2008

Brrrr

I never thought I’d be the kind of girl who wore a knee length fur coat, but it’s so bloody cold, that right now it’s the only thing stopping me from contracting incipient hypothermia. All my other coats are somewhat truncated, and it was wear the fur or get frostbitten knees.

The weather in this city really is schizophrenic: it was 60F on Wednesday, and now weather.com says that it is -8C , feels like -17C. I’m finding this hard to comprehend. I mean, that’s seriously COLD (for a girl from London). And I have promised to go to Williamsburg today for a tour around the neighbourhood with my designer friend F, for a piece I'm planning to write. My usual working MO is to stay indoors all day: how could I have been so short-sighted as to arrange to go out on the coldest day of the year so far?