Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Make My Day

I still find it hard to get my head around the fact that people other than my cheerleading family & friends read this blog. I know I'm a writer in the real world, but there I'm being commissioned to write pieces that editors know (hope) will be readable. My meanderings here are something else...SO to discover that this blog has been voted Best Fashion Insider's Blog at the 2008 Fashion Bloggers Awards was wonderful. To be nominated and voted for by my peers makes the FBAs even more special. Thank you!

So when, in addition, darling Nonsense on Stilettos and IndigoAlison gave me a Blogs That Make My Day Award I came over a bit Gwyneth at the Oscars.

So sod it, I'm not going to try to be clever or esoteric about this. I'm just going to tag the people I speak to the most(in the real & online worlds), because (brush away tear), blogging is about the community, and you do all Make My Day:

Their Majesties, Queen Michelle & Queen Marie of Kingdom of Style (esp for this post)
Clever girls Susannah at Le Style Sauvage and Riz at Mode et Utopie
Fellow anonymous industry insiders Disney Roller Girl and Mrs Fashion
Probably the best fashion blog out there, Susie at Style Bubble
The erudite & always charming James Scott Linville at The Main Point
and last but not least, Down by the Hipster for being so thoroughly useful