Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Take 2 models closes

Whilst indulging in a little of the procrastination at which I am so skilled, I saw on Tales from the Runway that Take 2 Models in London was closing its doors after over 25 years in the business. Amongst others, they represented Jasmine Guinness, Maggie Rizer, Lisa Cant, Hye Park and Esther Canadas.

Until I stopped crossing the Atlantic to style campaigns back in England & elsewhere at the beginning of last year, I had booked models through Take 2 since 1997 and dealt with founder Gabriella through all that time. Always incredibly professional, efficient, & with an eye for great girls and boys (although the men’s division shut down some years ago), especially in the key commercial but not cheesy sector, I probably booked more models for my money jobs through them than through any other agency worldwide. And when I was at a big UK mag in the 90s, many of our cover girls came from Take 2.

So, a big thank you to all the bookers & models I worked with over the years. And good luck for the future.