Monday, March 16, 2009

More shoes...

Finally I gave in. I really wanted new shoes for my California trip and, although I think I have plenty of summer shoes (it's difficult to remember when everything is in storage), there's nothing like a pair of shiny new shoes to kick off a shiny new venture.

Although as far as I am concerned the higher the platform wedge the better, experience tells me that if I am going to be sightseeing, shopping and generally trotting around California, a pair of slightly lower wedges for everyday would be a practical decision. (I can't bear flats with short shorts: the stumpy limb thing is just plain wrong.)

Anyway, I bought these Faryl Robin(ludicrous name) wedges to wear with with shorts. Reduced from $145 to $39.99 so I can live with myself. What really sold them was their cushioned upper which feels like walking in marshmallows. God,I do hope these don't end up looking too remedial.


Of course, what I really wanted to buy were these Marni wedges on Ebay reduced from $660 to $99.,


and these gorgeous cream patent ones.

Such a bargain, but at 39, they are half a size too big for me. Someone buy them please!