Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Liberty London Girl news: Inclusion in The Online Fashion 100

Well, this is exciting! I've just received an email to say that Liberty London Girl has been included as one of just four independent bloggers in The Online Fashion 100, an ebook list of the 100 most inspirational, interesting and influential people behind the UK's online fashion industry, which is featured today in The Independent (UK).

Vogue.co.uk describes it thus: "The Online Fashion 100 features entrepreneurs, bloggers, marketers, photographers, ecommerce managers and the most powerful online editors working today"

I do feel a bit of a fraud being on a UK fashion list as, although I am a gen-u-wine fashion editor & writer, since LLG started up in 2007, it has always strayed from the fashion path, being a repository for my thoughts on everything from food to hotel reviews as well as giving a window into the world of the fashion editor. And, of course, although I am English through & through, I do live in America.

Still I'd like to give a big thank you to Leon Bailey Green who complied the list, and congratulations to the three other independent bloggers who have been included. It can be hard getting your voice heard as an independent blogger, and I am mighty proud to be keeping company with these superstars:
My beloved Queen Michelle of Kingdom of Style
Rebekah Roy of Stylist Stuff
The UK's biggest supporter of emerging designers: Susannah Lau of Style Bubble