Monday, April 13, 2009

Wednesday: Driving Big Sur & A Secret Mission

I’d love to be able to tell you all what I got up to in Big Sur on Wednesday night, but then I’d have to kill you. And, if I didn’t then my editor might. So, all I’m saying is that I spent the night in the most extraordinary place in the most extraordinary way. And when the piece is published maybe I’ll direct you to it. Maybe.

I left San Francisco a little later than I had planned in the afternoon, after yet another morning working in Sausalito library, detouring via L’s office and the post office to pick up my parcel, before burning down the 101 to Salinas, where I cut back through to the PCH. I was concerned that I otherwise I'd hit the coast road at the top of Big Sur too late at twilight, and I didn’t fancy those twisting roads and sheer cliff drops to the sea in the dark.

These three shots were taken along the PCH from at various points from Salinas to the lower end of Big Sur.