Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Look what lovely Cassandra gave me!

Last Friday I did yet another utterly ludicrous I'm-only-in-the-country-for no-time-at-all round trip mission to see my friend, well, I'll call her Cassandra, as many of you know her as this from her blog & Twitter feed.

I hauled my ass out of bed at 0630 and one bus, a tube and a train later arrived in the rain sodden cathedral town where her husband works.

We talked incessantly for three hours and at one point C nipped upstairs and reappeared waving this wondrous bag at me. "I bought it for you AGES ago in a vintage store. No arguments. It's SO you. And look, it was meant for you: it says Fifth Avenue on the label".

It's by Dorset Rex who made beautiful bags in the 1950's. In immaculate condition, it's made from black jacquard & lined in my favourite mid blue satin. I particularly love the jet clasp. The chain needs fixing, but that is the work of seconds.


I am a lucky girl to have such a wonderful friend.