Saturday, September 26, 2009

Yes to Carrots C a Softer You Hand & Elbow Moisturising Cream

Yes to Carrots C a Softer You Hand and Elbow Moisturising Cream 200ml

Lil'sis has been testing this for me: she Skyped me today, practically dribbling with excitement, to tell me that the seemingly ineradicable rhino skin on her elbows which has defeated every other moisturiser she has tried, disappeared in 24hrs after using this cream. She waved her new silky soft elbows at the webcam in proof, but it was difficult to see as there was a small dachshund trying to get in on the action.

I was already enormously impressed by the efficacy of the Yes to Carrots line, and I had used the Hand & Elbow Moisturising Cream before to great effect. So, when their publicist offered to send me it to try again, I suggested they send it to my sister in London so that she could pass it on.

Of course I hadn't counted on lil'sis thinking 'oooh fab, LLG won't mind if I just get stuck in', and smearing it all over. But, as it turned out, I'm glad the evil little bugger helped herself because it just reinforced my opinion that this is a hero product.

It's no wonder that Yes to Carrots C A Softer You Hand & Elbow Moisturising Cream is so effective: the ingredients are a roll call of some of nature's most effective moisturisers. The range is promoted on its use of beta-carotene, (in this case derived from organic carrots), and Dead Sea minerals, but there's also aloe vera and avocado oil, sesame & olive oils amongst others. Just as importantly, it contains urea, the most effective ingredient for promoting skin rehydration.

I've been a big fan of Yes to Carrots' products for a while now. I wrote about their night cream last year after I came across it in Walgreens and it remains a product I actually buy (as opposed to dug out of a brimming beauty sample box under my desk).

Their products are effective, cheap - this 200ml tube of hand cream is just £6.95 here or $9.99 here, free of parabens & phthalates and, maybe best of all, support the Yes To Carrots Seed Fund, a U.S. non-profit.

Its mission is to make a difference in people's lives by providing under-served communities with the resources to develop and sustain an organic food source and access to healthy nutrition, by providing donations to help with seeds, plants, equipment, irrigation support and technical know-how.

How nice to know when you are slathering on body cream to know that your purchase helps this cause.

Ingredients List: because this is impressive. No nasties here.
Water (Aqua), Daucus Carota (Carrot) Juice, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Stearic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Gel, Cycloheptasiloxane, Chamomila Recutita Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil , Calendula Officinalis Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Oil), Daucus Carota (Carrot) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Dead Sea Water (Maris Aqua), Magnesium Chloride, Propolis Extract, Vitamin E (Tocopheryl Acetate), Algae Extracts (Rhodella, Dunaliella, Spirulina), Triethanolamine, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Juice, Ipomoera Batatas (Sweet Potato) Extract,Cucumis Melo (Melon) Extract,Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Honey (Mel) Extract, Silt (Maris Limus), Stearyl Alcohol, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Niacin, Glyceryl Triisostearate, Tocopherol, Fragrance (Parfum), Potassium Lactate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Peel Extract.

This post was re-written to reflect my sister's opinion.