Thursday, October 22, 2009

Bobbi Brown Nude lipstick

Whilst in my daydreams I wear scarlet lipstick in the manner of a film star of the 50s, in reality the unholy combination of rosacea and my blonde colouring means that I can wear only neutral lip shades.

In summer, when my morgue-like pallor fleetingly morphs into a bronzed tone through the wonders of the spray tan booth, I occasionally break out Revlon's shocking pink Love That Pink but my 365 lipstick is Bobbi Brown's Lip Color in Nude, which I've been wearing since maybe 2000.

Bobbi Brown Nude Lip Color


For me the best thing about it is that it doesn't look too obvious: a swipe of it completes my look but doesn't scream, plus the creamy, semi-matte formulation stays nicely put. It also seems to suit most skin tones from my skimmed milk hue at the bottom of the scale through to that of my African-American friends.

UK £15 here & US $22 here