Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Fashion shoots: ah the glamour...

I spent last week shooting in Norfolk, on Holkham and Wells-next-the-Sea beaches. There's no vehicular access to either beach, so we drove our rather large location van down a private lane on the Holkham estate to a point half a mile behind the sand dunes. Then my assistant & I set up our outdoor working area. This would have worked brilliantly, except every passer-by thought we were a jumble sale.

Why their tiny little brains would have thought we were doing this down a wooded country lane is beyond me...When we came back from the first shot our fabulous driver had made the following sign:


It was so cold & windy on the dunes that the crew kept nicking all our samples to keep warm:



This is a small proportion of the returns piled up in my assistant's living room the evening we returned from shooting.