Saturday, December 29, 2007

My fabulous mama

Christmas presents are such a lottery. I spent days making lists, thinking about the perfect present for everyone, but I suspect that others aren't quite as fussed about getting it right. Some of my relatives can really come up trumps in the what on earth department, but my mother can be usually relied up on to get it right - I didn't give her a list. (It's no surprise that I ended up working in fashion.)

My top presents from her: silk pillow cases from Ginger Lily, (is she trying to tell me that my skin needs all the help it can get as I get older?!), some Florentine writing paper, the most enormous four foot wide & six foot long dark grey fine cashmere scarf/wrap from Fenwicks that can be twisted as a scarf but will never bulk up, twenty pairs of black lace boyshorts from M&S to restock my knicker drawer, the V&A Golden Age of Couture exhibition hardback, and the absolute classic Mulberry Anthony satchel for using at weekends. (And which was sold out on Net a Porter). She tells me she swiped the last one out from under some other shopper's nose in Selfridges. Don't mess with my mama when she's on a mission.