Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas present guilt

I’m suffering from the usual festive guilt: is it very bad form to eBay off one’s unwanted Christmas presents? I have accumulated some extra special items and, now that I live abroad, it does seem fairly pointless to shove them in the back of a cupboard to gather dust. I’m a big believer in re-gifting, (there’s generally a home for most items), but these few presents are just so wrong I just can’t see anyone else wanting them. The worst offenders are always fashion accessories: working in fashion as I do, I have very particular taste and, not least, I have made a huge effort over the past year to fine down my wardrobe to pieces that I love and really work, rather than the experimental collection I accumulated in my twenties, so there’s no space for the well, maybe, I guess pieces. Especially when they have to be lugged across the Atlantic and back.