Thursday, April 03, 2008

Comme des Garcons for H&M

I'm stunned, betwattled & befuddled like a duck in a rainstorm.

What IS Rei Kawakubo thinking? WGSN reports that H&M's next designer collaboration this autumn will be with one of fashion's foremost conceptualists. She is reported to be creating womenswear, menswear, childrenswear, plus accessories and an exclusive unisex fragrance.

"I have always been interested in the balance between creation and business. It is a dilemma, although for me creation has always been the first priority. It is a fascinating challenge to work with H&M since it is a chance to take the dilemma to its extreme, and try to solve it," said Kawakubo.

H&M is expanding massively in Japan, so I can understand what's in it for Hennes, but for Rei? As you know I wasn't exactly a fan of Cavalli's collection - or of the static sshocks all those artificial fibres gave me. Let's hope Comme have some quality control over this collection.

How much do we think they paid her? Got to be a million up. Answers on a postcard please.