Monday, May 05, 2008

Martin & Osa

I don’t think I have a lot in common with Suze Yalof Schwartz, the executive fashion editor of Glamour, who writes a blog on their website but even though we come from different ends of the style spectrum, she does make some very LLG friendly fashion picks. I discovered my Old Navy shoes through her and, most recently, she & the Glamour editors raved about Martin + Osa. I’d seen a lot of their net advertising but hadn't bothered to click through until I read Suze YS's rave. And very pleasantly surprised I was too. The label is owned by American Eagle, but banish all thought of cheapo hoodies & slogan tees from your mind. The buy is kind of like the bastard lovechild of J Crew, Reiss, Banana Republic & Club Monaco. Lots of silk & cashmere, mid-range price point, and simple clean, chic shapes. I love that they have run lots of pieces in navy rather than black. And, for some reason, a lot of it is already reduced.I’ve ordered these two frocks at $70 each.This shirt dress for $59.95:And this cotton skirt for $68:Perfect for a sweltering summer in Manhattan.