Friday, May 22, 2009

Walking back to The Halkin Hotel from Battersea

A beautiful day here in London so I decided to walk back to my hotel from a meeting in Battersea. It's just over two miles and took me an hour, although I did stop for a sneaky samosa en route, which I ate on a bench, watched by the beady glare of several London pigeons. My path took me over the Albert Bridge:

Albert Bridgeand along the Chelsea Embankment.

Albert BridgeI diverted via Sloane Square to check out the Sloane Square in Bloom shop windows, celebrating the Chelsea Flower Show. Lovely ( v trad department store) Peter Jones (where I was measured for my first shoes and where my boarding school trunk was purchased), had gone for a quintessential English garden in their windows, recreated with the help of Moyses Stevens florists:

Peter Jones windows; Chelsea flower show
Peter Jones windows; Chelsea flower showTiffany & Cartier had clearly thrown large amounts of money at their concepts to stunning effect:



But my absolute favourite Chelsea window was courtesy of the fabulously chic retailers of all things doggie, Mungo & Maud on Elizabeth Street:

Mungo & Maud