Friday, April 17, 2009

Coachella survival kit

I've been going to music festivals for longer than I care to admit. Reading, Glastonbury, The Big Chill, Lollapalooza, Fawsley Fayre: big & small, there's little that I enjoy more than dancing around in the open air to good music.

At American festivals there's always a list as long as my arm as to what you can & can't take on-site, so I thought I'd give you a sneak into my festival survival kit, honed to the essentials through years of lugging too much crap around, and taking into account the 90F heat. (The security here is more on a par with a standard rock concert. At Glastonbury I always have a hip flask, penknife and emergency snacks, none of which are allowed at Coachella.)


Fan (Brilliant Christmas present from my beloved B&T which goes everywhere with me.) Misters aren't allowed, so this is the next best thing.
Sportspack of suntan lotion & sunblock for eyes & for face
Empty water bottle - no filled containers allowed through security, but water fountains are situated on-site.
Wet wipes, anti-bacterial gel and loo paper - if you've ever used a festival portaloo then you'll know what I am talking about
Lots of cash: food & drink are cash only on-site
Blackberry & spare battery - I'm going to be Twittering so my cell will inevitably die.
Mints - for pretending I feel fresh
Red lipstick & Ray-Bans: So I look good, obviously.

I'm also going to be taking style photos for the blog (like I did for Lollapalooza), so a notebook & sparkly pen (thank you Christine) for subject's details & LLG business cards to give to them.