Friday, August 07, 2009

Product of the day: Caudalie Energising Concentrate

Caudalie Energising Concentrate

The humidity of a Manhattan summer usually keeps my dry sensitive skin hydrated, but I've been sleeping in an air conditioned bedroom for the past month and I can see the effect it has had on my skin.

Fine lines were appearing, and my skin felt dry, so I reached for the little phial of Caudalie Energising Concentrate $39 last week to see if it would give my skin an extra boost.

Normally I wouldn't write about a product until I'd tried it for a month, but I am blown away by the difference it has made in just seven days. I have absolutely no blemishes or marks on my face any more, and the skin is plump & glowing. It's made a very visible difference.

I have rosacea so have to be careful about what I use on my skin. This blend of essential oils is particularly unadulterated, containing,(apart from Caudalie's patented stabilized grape seed polyphenols, the following ingredients.

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool.

I especially like that there are no parabens, phenoxyethanol, mineral oils or artificial colorings in the Concentrate.